Time for a super fun and not at all depressing quiz!
First up is the obvious one, do you…
- Have a job (or marry someone with a job) that provides insurance? If you don’t/can’t…
- Pay for your own insurance or pay out of pocket for medical expenses
- Pay for other things like home/food/life instead and avoid doctors/deal with chronic illness yourself
Next up: TRANSPORTATION
- Pay for a new(ish) reliable, comfortable car
- Use spoons to walk to and from the bus/train in all weather
- Just never leave your house
Alright, what about food?
- Buy organic, fresh food and organize a meal plan that utilizes everything you buy before it goes bad, planning for more frequent trips to the grocery store, and cooking for yourself most of the time
- Order healthy food, which is more expensive but easier on you when there aren’t spoons to cook and clean (screw the environment tho)
- Buy cheaper food and more premade/preserved items that are less healthy but easy.
And does your health, by luck of the draw, allow you to make a good amount of money?
- Yup, I finished college and can work a 9-5 job or I am healthy enough to do a job that requires a lot of labor but pays well. And I don’t use up all my sick days or ever risk losing my job due to absence.
- I am able to work enough to make enough to get by, but any medical emergency would put me into debt.
- My illness makes it extremely hard to keep a regular job.
Lastly, how’s your mental health working out?
- I maintain strong relationships, and see a therapist/mental health expert working with me to manage any issues that come up.
- I use alternative methods to maintain acceptable mental health, like self-help, relying on friends and family for emotional support, and occasionally self-medicate with essential oils, supplements, alcohol, or drugs.
- Ain’t nobody got time or money for that. I just don’t kill myself and it’s fine.
15 – 13: Capitalism is working out great for you!
12 – 8: Illness sucks but at least you’ve caught some breaks. You’ll probably be fine.
7 – 5: Guess you’ll die. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯