I’d like to thank Tissue Tales and Tersia Burger for nominating me for two awards! The Dragon Loyalty Award, which I’ve already accepted here, and the 2013 Blog of the Year award, which I shall accept presently.
And look! Since I got two nominations, I get two stars! 🙂
Here are the rules:
- 1. Select the blogs you think deserve the ‘Blog of The Year 2013 Award’.
- 2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you’ve chosen (There are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required), and present the blogs with their Award.
- 3. Let the blog(s) that you’ve chosen know that you’ve given them this Award and share the instructions with them. (Please, don’t alter the instructions or the badges!).
- 4. Come over and say hello to the originator of the ‘Blog of The Year 2013 Award’ via this link:http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/blog-awards-2-/blog-of-the-year-2013-award/
- 5. You can now also join the Blog Of The Year Award Facebook Page Click the link here:https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear
- 6. And as a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award – and proudly display the award on your blog – and start collecting stars!
I feel like “Blog of the Year” is pretty important-sounding, so I’ll be nominating the cream of the crop, the best of the best, my very favorite blogs. These blogs are well-written, don’t over or under post, and I’m always excited to read them.
Here they are!
- A Tale Of Anaphylaxis
- Sunlight in Winter
- Based on a Sprue Story
- What Viola Did Next
- Hearing Elmo
- Slim Paley
These blogs are close to perfect blogs, guys. Seriously, go check them out.
Now, a brief update on me: We DID get approved for a mortgage, YAY!!! We’ve been trying for six months and we are thrilled. We also found a house we want to buy! Things are really coming together. Unfortunately, the realtor on that house has been dragging his feet and not communicating with ours. The house is technically under contract, but the buyers have no proof of financing, which is really bizzare. We’re hoping that by acting responsibly and having our act together, the sellers may decide to stop messing with the fishy people and just sell to us.
In other news, my husband texted this morning to let me know he was in a little fender bender this morning. Apparently not too much harm was done to either car, but on top of the crazy house business I’m STRESSED OUT OF MY MIND.
It also doesn’t help that I’ve been running on empty work-wise with the high stress of the holidays and the low emphasis on getting enough rest.
So if I’m a little scarce lately, that’s why. In the mean time, check out the awesome blogs linked above and remember to slow down and enjoy the holidays.
(That’s the tag line of the video I’m doing at work. Isn’t that ironic?)
P.S. – the nomination period for the WEGO Health Activist Awards is almost over! Just FYI. If you’re wondering what I want for Christmas this year….