I’d like to thank Tissue Tales and Oh What a Pain… for nominating me for two blogging awards! I’ve already accepted the Rose of Kindness here, and today I’m humbly accepting the Unique Leaves award for the first time!
The rules for this seasonally appropriate award are as follows:
1. Display the award logo in your blog. – check!
2. Link back to the person who nominated you. – check!
3. Tell us how you and your blog are unique – I think this blog is unique because I try to focus on all invisible illnesses rather than the ones I happen to have. When I do write specifically on endometriosis or IBS, I try to not only tie it in to other illnesses, but I also make a concious effort to explain those illnesses and not assume the readers already know about it. I also like to write specifically about other illnesses I learn about.
4. What are your thoughts about uniqueness? – That is a unique question! I think most people actually like unique things, and that’s why books like Star Girl, movies like Splash, and Characters like Luna Lovegood are so popular. In this individualized age, people are in love with the idea that they are special and different and while everyone else is just a boring human, we are a magical unicorn of interestingness that everyone should love and write romantically about. I think I’m pretty unique but everyone does, so I guess really we’re not so unique as we think. But I’m a romantic, and a bit idealistic too, so I’m okay with believing it even if it’s unlikely.
5. Nominate 10 others bloggers for this award and link to them.
6. Notify those bloggers for the nomination. – I’ll get right on that as soon as I get back from visiting my Mother in Law….Dun dun DUN! There’s your twist ending.