Another award?! That’s six in just over a year! I’d just like to thank the academy, and all the little people…
But seriously, that’s pretty much what would happen to me if I ever won an Oscar. But I’d probably say “You guys. HUGH JACKMAN just ran to my aid!” instead. Because that’s way freaking better than an Oscar!
*after watching that gif forever…*
Anyway….what was this post about?
OH RIGHT! I won the versatile blogger award!
Which will now be displayed with the others under the “Awards” tab at the bottom! And this is also a good push for me to go ahead and update the “Blogs I Love!” tab as well with the winners and other blogs I love!
Here are the rules for accepting this award:
The rules of this award are:
• Thank the person who gave you the award and include a link to their blog
• Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or regularly follow
• Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
• Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
• You can find more information and other winners here
I’d like to thank Living in Dreamland for the nomination! It’s a great blog about living with ME/CFS, which really fascinates me as some of the symptoms are similar to the symptoms of endometriosis. I’ve only just discovered this blog, which makes the nomination all the more exciting, and I encourage you to dive in to it with me!
Now…the nominees are…
Kwesting – yes I’m biased, be quiet.
Petit 4 Chocolatier – cooking blog of yum.
Dallas Fan Girl – a personal friend of mine, blogging about conventions and cosplay
Sprinkle of Happiness – another friend of mine who does a great cooking blog
Xtine Danielle – a little bit of everything
Sarah Trenor – truly versatile as she authors THREE blogs: Seven Shooting Stars, 12 Months of Creativity, and Our 1000 Days and yes…I think I will count that as three for now, since I’m not feeling great at the moment.
The Allergista – allergies and style
Linda Sepp – The importance of safe, chemical-free housing
Real Posh Mom – a local here in Dallas exploring food and fun as a mom.
Connective Tissue Disorders: My Journey – awesome awareness-raiser
Griffins and Ginger Snaps – a writer exploring life and faith.
Hello Endo! – another awesome endosister
And don’t feel that you need to accept/pass this along, I know there are a few of you I may have nominated for other things before, and I know that not everyone’s in to the blog award thing. But I imagine that post-Oscars, you may have a few speeches prepared? 😉
And finally, seven things about me:
1. I totally missed the Oscars last night. But you can’t tell because I have the internet and it tells me all.
2. Instead, I was down in South Texas seeing Little Shop of Horrors at Southwestern University. My brilliant little sister was on the costume team.
3. I am so JEALOUS of her, because she can sew real clothes and everything, and all I do is look at pintrest and try to rationalize why having a sewing machine wouldn’t be stupid in my tiny one room apartment.
4. Pintrest is also the reason I almost cried during the song “Somewhere That’s Green.”
“He rakes and trims the grass
He loves to mow and weed
I cook like Betty Crocker
And I look like Donna Reed”
Far from run down college town Denton, somewhere that’s green….is it really so much to ask??
5. Over the weekend I saw this:
Keep it classy, Dairy Queen.
6. I also saw this:
Keep it classy, random antique store.
7. I also saw this:
Which was a really awesome movie that I honestly enjoyed even more than Lincoln, and it pains me to say that because I am the biggest Abraham Lincoln enthusiast I know. But the ending was…ugh.
Because a true story where seven lives were on the line and they just barely escaped would be boring! Needs more car chases!
Keep it classy, Hollywood.