Kathryn at Allergic to Life: My Battle has become a very dear friend to me over the past few months, and recently she nominated me for the Reality Blog Award, which I humbly accept with thanks. This is the fourth blog award Do I Look Sick? has won, and I am so happy that I’ve reached so many people in just my first year of blogging.
The rules that accompany this award are:
1) Show appreciation of the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
2) Add the award logo to your blog
3) Share 7 things about yourself
4) Nominate 5 – 10 or more bloggers you admire.
5) Contact your nominees to let them know!
So, without further ado…
Kathryn’s blog, linked at the top of this post, is truly one of the most enlightening and inspiring reads in my inbox. Before I found her blog, I had never heard of Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, and I find it fascinating. Since finding this blog, I have stopped wearing fragrances to school or parties, and have become more mindful of the chemicals in my life. I’ve also, of course, found a friend in Kathryn. She used to live where I live now, and for Christmas she sent me a copy of a book my doctor recommended I read while I adjust to my new life with IBS. She’s thoughtful, wise, and a great friend and blogger.
Seven Things About Me:
1. I am a professional screenwriter. I’ve completed four full length scripts waiting to be sold, and I’ve been doing freelance writing on commission for the past two years. I’d like to just write for a living, but it’s not paying the bills just yet.
2. I just started taking antidepressants, and I feel very conflicted about it. I hope to elaborate on this here soon.
3. I just set up my online film portfolio – www.rachelmeeks.wordpress.com – it’s not quite finished, but if you want to hire me just based on what’s there I don’t mind. 😉
4. I’m an insane collector of Disney’s Vinylmation. I just set out all the ones we got on our recent trip to DISNEYLAND, and we’re running out of room. …Again.
5. I have a long list of blog posts that I intend to write. I keep it updated as I come up with new ideas. I think it’s about 5 pages long.
6. Way too many of my post ideas are about King of the Hill. It’s surprisingly poignant.
7. I was nominated for this award a month and a half ago. I’m really behind!
Terisa Burger – This blog is as real as it gets. Terisa blogs about her daughter’s terminal illness.
Lipreading Mom – A peek into the hectic, sometimes funny, and always real life of a mom with hearing loss.
Get Rich Slowly – Another spoonie turned me on to this awesome finance blog. They post once a day, and the posts are short and very easy to understand. I’ve always felt that financial stuff is never talked about enough, and these daily lessons can improve anyone’s life.
A Blast from the Past – This is a history blog. I’ve never been big in to history, but this blog really brings out the STORY in history.
Vintage Thoughts – A great health and wellness blog. It delves into the darkness of illness, with the light of hope and faith.
So, that’s what I’ve been reading lately. Please check them out, they’re all really cool blogs. I wish you all a very happy new year, and be sure to subscribe and tell your friends, because I can already tell 2013 is going to be a BIG year, so don’t miss it!
Thanks again for all your support.