Hello blog people. I have absolutely no good excuse as to why it’s taken me so long to update, or why it’s taken me so long to accept this lovely award from Connective Tissue Disorders: My Journey. This will be the third award that Do I Look Sick has earned, and I am honored and thrilled that my blog is reaching so many people and making me so many new friends.
If you are one of the nominees for the One Lovely Blog Award you must do the following:
– Thank the person who nominated you and link to them in your post.
– Share seven unknown things about yourself.
– Nominate other bloggers and blogs that you like or admire – 15 or so if possible.
– Contact the bloggers you nominate to let them know and to link them back to your post.
My Nominator: Connective Tissue Disorders: My Journey (linked above) is a fantabulous blog, and the nomination very much surprised me as this was the first time I received a nomination from a blog I was not currently following. After taking some time to truly read through quite a few of her posts, I found a kindred spirit and new friend. She’s also a very talented artist – her stuff is much nicer than my little dA Muro doodles I post here. Please do take the time to check out her blog, she’s very lovely.
Seven things about me:
1. My dream car is a teal convertable. I don’t know what it’s called, because I’ve only ever seen it in the form of a hotwheels car. But man, it’s the most beautiful car I’ve ever seen in my life.
2. My university is having a talent show, and I’m thinking about entering and doing a colorguard routine to Gangnam Style. This would be my first colorguard performance since my diagnosis.
3. I love to see dogs in cars when we’re out driving, and I also get very excited to see horses in their horsey-trailers. Instantly cheers me up, no matter how bad the traffic is.
4. I play the flute. I was much better in high school, and now I only practice sparingly and casually, but I don’t want to give it up completely.
5. I sleep with the AC cranked and a sound machine because I HATE living in apartments and constantly hearing everything my neighbors ever do. Hopefully by this time next year, hubby and I will be in a house.
6. When I first got my cat, I thought she was grumpy whenever she meowed because it’s so low and grumpy sounding. We learned that she sounds grumpy when she’s happy, and REALLY grumpy when she’s grumpy.
7. Hubby and I watch every single second of every single special feature on every single DVD we own, because we don’t have cable and we don’t want to rewatch things too quickly.
My nominees ((FIFTEEN?! I know, it’s a lot, but these rock)) :
1. http://whatvioladidnext.wordpress.com/ (I admit, I did just discover this blog today, but it really wowed me.)
2. http://www.forwardisapace.com/ another recent discovery, but another wow. This blog makes me smile, and I love her pictures.
3. http://allergictolifemybattle.wordpress.com/ this is an illness I’ve never heard of before until discovering this blog, and wow. This is an awesome lady right here. But I think I need to stop writing these tidbits or else we’ll be here all night. Besides, these blogs speak for themselves. 🙂
8. http://25pillsaday.wordpress.com/ (today I read what I consider to be the best blog post I’ve ever read EVER on this site. It’s hardcore awesome.)
9. http://endohope.org/ (this blog is the opposite of hit and miss. Every single post is awesome.)
10. http://chronicrants.com/ (with a name like that, it has to be good.)
11. http://crazyinpink.wordpress.com/ (I know I like, just nominated you for something else, but this award’s PINK! It’s too perfect!)
12.12monthscreativity.wordpress.com (This was the first blog I ever followed)
14. http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/ (like any of you don’t know about this blog, but still! Awesome.)
Please take a minute to take a glance at these, I know 15 is a lot but they’re all awesome.
And now before you go, I just wanted to remind you about the new Official Do I Look Sick? Store. I just got my first shirts in the mail this week, and can’t wait to get some more!
And just FYI, if you see a design you like, but you’re like “Ugh, orange shirt? Gross.” each design can be customized! You can choose your color, size, long sleeves or short, or even put it on a jacket or hoodie. That goes for all products, they’re all very customizable.
Also, if you have an idea for a shirt or product that you’d like to see, just let me know and I can make it happen. Or, if you’re artistically inclined and you want to design a shirt, we’ll get it up and for sale.
Don’t forget to keep an eye on our facebook and twitter for discounts and sales!
Thanks to everyone for the ongoing support! We’ve got big plans coming soon…. stay tuned for contests, a new invisible illness app, and a new blog series on traveling with invisible illness….